Ye Olde Poetry

I was inspired recently, so I shall share with you some poetry I wrote. Astrozombie will post some of his own soon too.

Here we go:

Heat Lightning
Hot Miami Night
Spark in the alleyway
bright loud night
Smoke and Blood trail from a hole in a man who is already broken
A crimson smile drips from his face
Sick Grin, Dead Man
Gunpowder Derby

That was not a serious poem. Really, I just wanted to write gunpowder derby at the end of something. So I wrote that.

Robot Lovin
Hard to Get
Stuck it in an Oven
Burnt a bit
Sexy readout voice
Tempted me
So I made the choice
Preemptively
Mechanical Abstinence
No more stuffin' cogs
Now I'll waste my pence
On stuffin some dogs

That was an inappropriate poem. I'm sorry for that. I won't do that again. Actually I will so shut up.

At the peak of day
I laid there, back susspended
I felt floating, though there was hard rock
beneath me
My Brother was waiting

Two sandy obelisks pierce the sky
There are Holy words on them
Words spoken, listened to, etched in, and saved
above me
My Brother was waiting

A man dressed in blood stained jewelry was speaking
I did not hear, for the words he spoke were for
the huddled peoples, at the base of the pyramid
below me
My Brother was waiting

Something caught my eye
The man held silver in his raised right hand
So sharp it cut the sun
above me
My Brother was waiting

The people's muttered prayers rose to a cacophony of wails
The man's hand came down upon me
The orgy reached climax as I, separated, spun freely
below me
My Brother was waiting

The faces curdled and mixed and swirled
But at the bottom I recognized one settled in a crimson puddle
As the roaring drained out of my ears I heard a whisper

I knew

Above me, my Brother was waiting.

STOP LAUGHING AT ME I'M AN ARTIST SHUT UP I HATE YOU

Now, for the first part of the first installment in my new series of Haiku Stories that I am announcing right now. Take it like a man.

i woke up in there
strange familiarity
"this can't be my house"

blood stained the walls- floor
screams below cracked the silence
i grabbed my tin bat

i tore down the stairs
it wasn't too dark to see
i didn't want to

for there stood a man
and there laid my family
dead, torn, and broken

i don't remember
can't tell if I was screaming
but I killed that man

something had happened
my vision started to blur
there was a sharp silence

the white seemed nothing
muddled faces surrounded
i ached all over

all mouths were empty
opened wide for some purpose
a darkness swept out

their feet touched no ground
i was covered in silence
their hands never moved

i heard a noise though
more though like i felt a noise
a friendly face shown

he swung a barbed club
breaking the mouths of demons
"lets go" he told me

we broke out of there
but we were closely followed
their numbers increased

his pace fell behind
his screams never broke my gait
it wasn't my fault

it wasn't my fault
they kept following
it wasn't my fault

i lost my movement
legs pumped; but i stayed in place
sobs shook my body

they came in closer
Oh please it wasn't my fault
then everything stopped

AND
I
FELL


Okie dokie, I'll go round up Astrozombie and get him to post his now.

Drop me a comment mebbe?

2 comments:

mystic monkey said...

I am quite a fan of robot loving.

Astrozombie said...

These are phenomenal. I love you.
I'll up mine right now.